FAMILY, FRIENDLY PUB RESTAURANT SERVING THE LOCAL COMMUNITY
Open 7 Days A Week
ABOUT ALSTONDELICIOUS FOOD AND REAL ALE
A brief history of the property known today as the ‘Alston Arms’, reveals that the original conveyance for the estate dates back to 14th August 1841. It was purchased for the Water Works and Thomas Alston. The total price of £475 included 14 acres of land, 2 rods and 12 perches.
In 1842 the property was mortgaged for £300 by Christopher Ashworth of Dilworth Whittingham and was named the ‘Alston Arms’. Upon his death in 1862 it was bequeathed to Thomas Ashton the sold to John Forest a year later priced £2600. In May 1903, the pub was sold by auction to George Duckworth Hale for the grand sum of £2700 realising a profit of £60 (after fees) in forty years.